Prof. Dr. Drs. Jürgen Baumert
Director and Professor for Education
Large-scale assessment (TIMSS and PISA), learning and instruction in mathematics, teacher expertise, longitudinal studies on development in childhood and adolescence, and institutions as differential learning environments.
- Vice President of the Max Planck Society, Munique (2006-2008);
- Managing Director, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin (2003-2005);
- Fellow of the Max Planck Society, Member of the Institute’s Board of Directors (1996-present);
- Professor of Educational Sciences, Humboldt University Berlin;
- Professor of Education, Free University of Berlin;
- Member of Board of Trustees: Jacobs Foundation, Zürich, Switzerland;
- Member of Board of Trustees: Institute for Quality Development in the Education System of the Laender of the Federal Republic of Germany, Humboldt University Berlin;
- Member of Board of Trustees: Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford
- Member of the Leopoldina (German Academy of Natural Scientists), Cultural Sciences Section.
University of Tübingen, 1968
Klusmann, U., Kunter, M., Trautwein, U., Lüdtke, O. & Baumert, J. (in press). Teachers’ well-being and the quality of instruction: The important role of self-regulatory patterns. Journal of Educational Psychology
Krauss, S. Brunner, M., Kunter, M., Baumert, J., Blum, W., Neubrand, M., Jordan, A. (in press). Pedagogical Content Knowledge and Content Knowledge of Secondary Mathematics Teachers. Journal of Educational Psychology.
Maaz, K., Trautwein, U., Lüdtke, O., & Baumert, J. (in press). Educational transitions and differential learning environments: How explicit between-school tracking contributes to social inequality. Child Development Perspectives.
Max Planck Institute for Human Development
Phone: +49 (30) 824 06 303
FAX +49 (30) 824 06 433