In order to start the planning of what I expect to be a very fruitful and successful General Assembly (Mrbach Castle,September 1-4, 2013) I am enclosing a proposal for the agenda to follow during the short time we will be able to meet this time.
I have prepared the program with the contribution of several fellows, but you are welcome to send your observations and viable proposals up to the end of July.
There are some issues I would like you to consider:
- We have a reduced time available as compared to previous General Assemblies and, at the same time, we will have a much larger number of participants: 38 fellows, including four new fellows had confirmed.
- There will be two big dynamics for the academic program:
- Time and space for the presentation of fellows research interests and experiences:
- The four new fellows will have a 45 minutes common session, allowing each a 12 minutes presentation
- Up to 12 interested fellows would have 15 minutes to present their current research interests in parallel session. Please register with me before August 15, so I can make the proper agenda. Consider that we may open a third parallel session, but reducing of course the audience.
- Time and space for Dialogues and Debates based in the experience and field research of fellows, on issues and problems selected by interested colleagues, with the idea of arriving to IAE positions ( not homogeneous positions or consensus). Consider the possibility of editing and publishing this dialogues and debates in the Academy Series and the web page.
Looking forward to see you all, best wishes, Maria
María de Ibarrola
International Academy of Education